New Beginnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of negative feedback seen in less than 24 hours for this is honestly astonishing.
If there’s any successful part of this announcement it’s how united the community is in telling you goofs that this is a bad idea. No communication-after that’s what the community begged for, no consult with the admin team, no thought put into what we want.
I’m at a loss for what skylion skylion and cindyslug cindyslug are thinking. You guys both left the community and now all of a sudden there’s a power vacuum and someone needs to be there to gobble it up? I rejoined the community within the same week Mox did, around the end of August and now we’re putting the same people in charge?
Disrespectfully: if there’s not the most well crafted, intelligent reply to everyone’s concerns, step down. Both of you.

kind of weird to paint people being appointed to run something they tentatively poked their head back into as some grima wormtongue characters trying to grasp at power over a stagnant roleplay community

kind of weird to paint people being appointed to run something they tentatively poked their head back into as some grima wormtongue characters trying to grasp at power over a stagnant roleplay community
That’s how it comes off.

Should the community leaders decisions not atleast be supported by or liked by the community?

i struggle to believe anyone has liked anyone else here for the past three years

edit to not clog up the thread:

my point to this is that no matter whose name would suddenly have turned purple, people would have complained about it

This was why I wanted a gamemodes server so that we could all play together and hang out and be a community past this tension revolving some rp servers.

It's important we're able to feel like we enjoy spending time with each other, because afterall that's literally what a community is.

I've had a lot of fun throwing up a ttt server or a pz server or something like murder and just having a fun night with some tnbers. That should be more of a regular experience I think.

Would you guys like something like that? Anyrhing in particular?
To add to this as well, I'd love to see us branch out for community stuff or simply other roleplay mediums- if anyone has any information or knowledge on the PZ servers that do serious-rp I'd love for a tldr outside of this thread.

GMOD as a medium hasn't been my thing lately but trying to run a lite-rp (or serious RP) Zomboid server is something I'd be willing to try, even if it's just short RR-like snippets.

To add to this as well, I'd love to see us branch out for community stuff or simply other roleplay mediums- if anyone has any information or knowledge on the PZ servers that do serious-rp I'd love for a tldr outside of this thread.

GMOD as a medium hasn't been my thing lately but trying to run a lite-rp (or serious RP) Zomboid server is something I'd be willing to try, even if it's just short RR-like snippets.

Honestly I'm entitled to agree. Maybe we can find a footing in rp across multiple platforms instead of just Gmod. We did have a good old pal Cortez Cortez who was working on a pz rp mod for the community to use. Was really exciting stuff and we even had a few successful events on his server.

Rn I'm actually looking into nwn, and trying to see if it might be worth investing in an rp server on there for our community as well. Some banter has been made in the discord about testing it out and seeing what it'd take to make our own twist to it.

TRP will stay gmod tho. I'm happy with how it's coming and I'm happy to see the community's vocal support for what we've done.

In regards to this whole announcement situation, I agree with Bennet. Maybe some new blood as community management would've been worthwhile, this community has saints who've been here for the worst of times and the best of times, and seem to understand what is needed to make our community happy. (Looking at the patron heroes of hl2rp) Maybe giving them a go at having a voice on this ship would be worth while.

We need to stop encouraging this idea that TnB is 'toxic' just because somebody occasionally says the word gay during roleplay. That's literally the only place I can think of this coming from, since I know you're not counting the people who bitch and whine in the CCC threads but haven't joined the actual server in years as an actual functional part of the community. Where is the focus on this idea coming from? A desire for good optics so we can collect upvotes from reddit? It's 2020 all over again...

Also before we rebrand under the Willard Zaibatsu, you should consider what I've been calling for the entire year and utilise some god damned transparency and community input before making big decisions. Listen to what people who are actually involved in the server want and what they think of your ideas before you cement them and announce them by surprise expecting it to hype everyone up - nothing generates hype as much as getting the community involved in your plans first.

Anyway I'm retiring in January for my 10 year anniversary so I probably don't have a horse in this race anymore but it's time to stop running damage control on this thread and start listening to the concerns of your players. Gmod is a dying medium for this shit and you don't have the time or leeway to not listen to the few people who have managed to stick around.

TnB Basewars was top tier fun though, I'll say that.

The Dark RP stuff is fine. You could also do another TTT server or some other Gmod games and it'd probably be good. Clearly the serious roleplay servers over the last few years hasn't worked so trying to mix it up in that way makes sense.

I doubt branching outside of Garry's Mod would work out. Gmod is the bread and butter game of the community that everybody here owns. If you go over to PZ or NWN or whatever then two thirds of your playerbase aren't gonna own the game and won't be coming with you.

The Dark RP stuff is fine. You could also do another TTT server or some other Gmod games and it'd probably be good. Clearly the serious roleplay servers over the last few years hasn't worked so trying to mix it up in that way makes sense.

I doubt branching outside of Garry's Mod would work out. Gmod is the bread and butter game of the community that everybody here owns. If you go over to PZ or NWN or whatever then two thirds of your playerbase aren't gonna own the game and won't be coming with you.
That's kinda how games work man, doing other stuff aside from one thing is the normal- especially considering GMOD as a whole these days. Even if it's just small game-nights, can't be worse than the... however many the fiftieth HL2 City-RP we've had.

If anything just a change of setting is a breather this community needs.

Can we bring back the dumb rating. I think it's a good measurement of community opinion and out burst and I see some instances where it could be used in this thread.

If we did start doing permanent settings in another game I'd probably vouch to give a way to get a majority of the community that's interested in being on that game some keys or something.

I can get some NWN keys for 5 bucks a pop. If we did something serious with it I'd be OK with getting like 30 people some keys off the rip.

Someone give me a Project Zomboid server, or
Need TRP, If you throw a PZ server up im dragging Metromann001 Metromann001 to fortify a garage again

Anyways, I think the sudden Announcement was poor at best on making sure the community doesn't immediately turn a sour look, this should've been brought up to the community to engage more of a idea. We are a "Community" after all and we all kinda are here for a common goal.

Also the name change. I don't think it's going to do a lot apart from have a few prying eyes from the outside think of it as a sleazy way of trying to clean yourself up. It dosent take much to do a bit of research and find out whats happened, if you really want to change our "look", a name change aint the way to go (and in my opinion, a very poor way at that. Instead you should be trying to put the effort to clean up whats happened. Whilst yes that name is going to have a bad taste in a few peoples mouth, if you have evidence and proof to show that effort is being put in place to change, honestly, I think that's a much better look then a new brand.
I already have half a server standing around, which is a old decent PC which just needs a couple more components.

Then I can just host a PZ server myself.

appointed
This is why everyone is taking issue with this. If TnB should move in a new direction and bring in a different leadership, shouldn't that be at least partially discussed with the playerbase? Before this announcement the only discussion was with Gangleider, Decepti and Lambda and based on Lambda's post he and Decepti weren't given much input at all.

The thought of people coming out of the community after leaving it on bad terms (sans Skyrim - I'm not aware of any conflicts having to do with his departure) to be the community leaders isn't some Grima Wormtogue manipulation, as you put it, but it is assinine. There are a myriad of ways that this could have been approached that don't result in this explosive blowback from the community.

It could have been a post from Gangleider saying, "hey guys, mox offered to run some community events in the lull to TRP" or, "Skyrim and tanknut are putting up a TTT server to raise community involvement" and then saying that they would be in charge of their projects much like how anyone who runs an RR is in charge of their server. Taking people who have a few ideas of how to right the ship and just putting them in charge of the entire community which had no say in the matter is idiotic and prima facie is exactly the same as the nonsense of Tnb past.

There’s still light in the end of the tunnel for TnB, A lot of us shouldn’t quit for a few changes. I’m seeing now old returning community members (That’s been banned) coming back and there’s still a lot of opportunities this community can go. I am happy that Tanknut is in charge with the upcoming projects and Sky coming back aswell. Two amazing members that puts alot of work for the community. We still have Lambda with his Trp and I have faith in him. Alot of people are unhappy but stuff like this happens every year. A announcement is made and people get pissed but it will be forgot in a week or two. We Need to move forward as a whole and not in different parties. But this is the last time I’m saying anything about this.

Also
Unban pirate pirate and make him a community leader as a first step

Last edited:
At the end of the day I'd like a shiny new gamemode. Helix is okay but I've always felt that gamemodes have certain feels to them (in similar fashion to how Unity, Unreal, and Source all have a particular "feel" to them).

It's been like few years since I did stuff to Eternity (I think) and I'm a better person than I once was. I actually cringe at some of the old commits I made now that I actually do this sort of thing for my job. Plus I think at this point the gamemode has been stacked on top of itself 3 or 4 times over for HLNA into... whatever was after that, I wasn't arouns... into NiP... into NiP2. I don't feel that it's as recognizable as it once was.

Granted, I was on the "Eternity is the future" boat when it was first revealed. I still remember when TankNut TankNut had a dummy local server running just to mess about with old experiments, like bullets having physics or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread